Management Accountant, Oxford/UK - Part time/Full time
The Opportunity: join our team
We are based in the centre of Oxford, one of the UK’s thriving technology clusters, and invest across the UK. We’re looking for a part or fully qualified Management Accountant to assist the Director, Finance & Operations. The main focus will be on the funds; fund accounts, allocations, fee calculations, audit, analysis and back-office processes; there will also be scope to assist with monthly management accounts, annual budget, audit and partner statements among other ad hoc projects.
This role would suit a fully qualified accountant part time or a part qualified accountant full time.
Who are we?
Established in 1999, Oxford Capital is an alternative investment manager that is passionate about investing in early-stage technology companies. For over 20 years, we have offered private investors and family offices access to some of the most impactful technology companies in sectors which the UK is considered a world leader. We partner with founders to grow their businesses and deliver meaningful impact beyond just financial returns. Alongside our venture capital funds, we have set up and manage a range of alternative investment and private capital strategies.
We invest with a keen sense of long-term stewardship of our clients’ funds. Our aim is to deliver strong investment performance and to conduct our investing in a manner which is socially and environmentally responsible. We believe that our investment management activities should make a difference to the world around us. Performance comes from a relentless focus on excellence in investment management and on delivering the best client experience.
The role is based in our head office in Central Oxford with hybrid working.
The main aspects of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of 6-monthly accounts for funds managed by Oxford Capital
- Allocation of sales proceeds to investors.
- Calculation and billing of management & associated fees
- Portfolio analytics
- Allocations of funds to investments
- Assisting with preparation of monthly consolidated accounts for LLP and holding company
- Participation in business planning, corporate modelling, scenario analysis and ad hoc reporting
- Supporting the budget preparation process
- Assist with annual financial and fund audit processes
- Review of payroll & pension administration by payroll bureau
- Reporting of Partnership earnings and drawings to Partners
- Preparation of Quarterly Statements for each Partners
- Streamlining and automating back office processes.
- Part or Fully Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of preparing management accounts
- Strong Excel skills
- Analytical mindset, highly numerate, confident with large data sets.
- Proven track record of implementing process improvements
- Experience of fund accounting
- Modelling, forecasting, and budgeting experience
- Experience of accounting for Limited Liability Partnerships
- Experience of other business applications. e.g., Salesforce
- Experienced with PowerPoint and in designing compelling presentations of data
A competitive salary depending on experience.
To apply, please send through your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Applicants must include a cover letter to be considered